Dove just yesterday added to their Purely Pampering range of products: the Nourishing Body Oils*. Everybody seems to be about the body oils at the moment - they're supposed to be more environmentally friendly than body lotions (there's a good article on the benefits of using body oil here) and they're more economical (because a little oil goes a long way when you add it to just-showered skin - the moisture on the skin also maximises the hydration of the oils).
The Purely Pampering range already includes nourishing lotion and body washes in three different fragrances (Shea Butter and Warm Vanilla, Almond Cream with Hibiscus and Coconut Milk with Jasmine Pearls), but this month sees the addition of nourishing lotion and body wash in Pistachio Cream with Magnolia - as well as the Nourishing Body Oils in Pistachio and Magnolia* and Shea Butter and Warm Vanilla*. If these sound like they might be up your street, read on to find out how you can be in with a chance of winning one for yourself!
I've been lucky enough to try these out over the weekend before they hit the shops so that I can give you the lowdown straightaway! In the past I've not got on too well with oils, always preferring a body lotion because of the grease factor, but these are non-greasy which is a big plus for me. They absorb really quickly and leave my skin feeling soft and smooth. I completely adore the Pistachio and Magnolia one - it's sweet but light, fresh and luxurious all at the same time - and the fragrance lasts for a few hours. The Shea Butter and Vanilla one also smells lovely - just like the sweet smell of shea butter you're familiar with.
As you can see from the photo above, there's a bit of a difference in the formula of the two oils. The Pistachio and Magnolia one is on the left of my hand - it's much more liquid so you have to be a bit careful when dispensing it out of the bottle (which has a little hole in the top) not to drip it around the place. The Shea Butter and Vanilla one is thicker and has a bit of a shimmery glow to it - which means that it's particularly good in the summer to give your legs a subtle sheen. I've been enjoying using them - it's always nice to mix up my evening moisturising routine, particularly with something that smells so divine and puts me in a relaxed mood. At £8.99/150ml they're pricier than Dove's usual offerings, but remember that a little goes a long way.
Now - giveaway time! The lovely people at Dove are giving five readers the chance to win one of the new Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Oils - just enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is open from July 2nd to August 2nd and winners will be chosen at random the week beginning August 4th. Please read the T&Cs at the bottom of this post carefully.
Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Oils are available in Boots and Tesco now (nationwide from August) for £8.99 each.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The giveaway will run from Wednesday 2nd July at 04.00 to Saturday 2nd August 2014 at 23.59 (GMT).
- Five (5) winners will win one (1) Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Oil - fragrance depends on availability so I'm afraid you can't request a specific one.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 or over (sorry international readers!) - and only one entry per household.
- To take part, leave a comment on the blog telling me which of the two body oils you're most excited about trying - this is the only mandatory task (and has no bearing on which you will receive if you win). You can gain extra entries in the draw by following me on Twitter and tweeting a link to the giveaway.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries, via Rafflecopter, and informed via email within 7 days of the closing date. The winner must respond within 14 days to claim their prize. The prize will be despatched by Golin and I (Madison of Fundamentally Flawless) will have no responsibility for the speed of despatch or the arrival of the prize.
- By entering you agree to your address being passed on to Golin for the prize to be sent out. Your details will be used for no other purpose.